Saturday, November 14, 2009

I love Helvetica....!


Helvetica,

First of all, I have to say sorry for not blogging during past a few weeks because of some network problem but I am back !

Every typeface, like every one of us, has its distinguishing features.

Helvetica is a popular choice for commercial wordmarks. It looks clean and has a beautiful shape which look already perfect in any words.

I normally choose font which look very simple and easy to communicate with every work I have done. I have no idea before about their history until I had a chance to watch a film name” Helvetica” in my Vis communication class and it surprised me a lot!

As in the film show we can see many signs /ads etc.used Helvetica. I never realized how popular of Helvetica which have a big impact to our society. Helvetica is one of the most popular typefaces of all time. It was designed by Max Miedinger in 1957 for the Haas foundry of Switzerland (the name is derived from Helvetia, the Latin name for Switzerland).

I have another one example of how simple but look good and perfect in one lay out with Helvetica on the top. Even though in the same lay out mix with different kind of Helvetica styles ; bold, medium,roman,light etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment